Saturday, March 15, 2008

the Art of Journaling

Many many years ago when I entered my teen years, my Aunt Trisa gave me a journal for Christmas one year. I would occasionally jot down my thoughts though mostly it was a place for me to doodle the name of my crush of the week.

As the years passed and I joined the military, I went through phases where I would journal thoughts or bad days or good times with friends. Then there were the times I just didn't have time or couldn't find the words to sum up EVERYTHING I was feeling or thought.

It is interesting to go back and read those journals though...

Well during those times where I was loyal to "writing", I would buy neat little journals to keep my ponderings and epiphanies. I have one that is pink and I absolutely had to have it because it had such cute little sayings and, even though I was not a big fan of pink then, I simply couldn't pass up the purchase. It had to be mind. Needless to say, I made a few purchases along the way and I have a wonderful little collection of perfectly cute, perfectly brand new-never been used journals.

I LOVE this BLOG! I LOVE MY BLOG!!! I love the colors, the pictures, the readers, the creativity of it all. And since Angi has introduced me to it, I haven't even thought about my cute little journals collecting dust till today.

I think I may try to make some use out of them. I may start writing again. Otherwise they are brightly colored flimsy bookends.

No comments: