Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Theme song

So I now have a theme song! I am really excited about it. I have heard that it is good to have a song that makes you feel good or defines you...well I love a lot of songs but none ever stood out to me to be THE song.

So there I was, driving home to Texas. I was getting out of a 7 year career in the military and going back home to start over. I was stepping out in faith. I had ideas but nothing solid to stand on and that is a little scary....okay, very scary. Going from a steady paycheck with yearly raises and bonuses plus full benefits to nothing. I mean I have my MK career and a fantastic support network but it is still unnerving. So I am driving along and enjoying the freedom. I have the sunroof open and the radio cranked to some of the greatest road music (SRV, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Foreigner, Jimi Hendrix, Duran Duran, etc..). So the disc changes and Mercy Me starts playing. The first song, "I worship you"! I sing aloud. I start it over and sing it louder. I start it over, turn it up, raise my hand through the sunroof and sing as loud as I can. I must have sang that song 5 times....
Then I realized that was it!!! That was my theme song. I was so excited that I had finally found it.

So there you have it. The discovery and the song.

If you have a song, sing it out loud, hands raised, volume cranked and joy in your heart!!!

No comments: