Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a message for Dawn

A few days ago, I got an email from my friend Dawn. She asked my to pray that she get back on the straight and narrow and discern how best to handle things in her life. I wanted to share the words God gave me for her because I think that we all get down when we feel we have strayed off God's path.

~

Dawn, I have always felt you to be a very spiritual woman whose heart is always seeking God. Your heart is your guide because above all else you desire God and He leads your heart to Him because He desires you. You are human and being so makes you vulnerable to your flesh. We sin. This is a fact that no one can argue. God knows this and He loves you and forgives you. You know it is inevitable that your children will disobey, you still will love and forgive them. By this trial, they live, learn and grow stronger in the understanding of your love for them as their parent. God is your Father and He knows the same of you as His child. I have no doubt that you will find your way (if you are off course) but even so, God is still your guide where ever your feet land.
(All this is to say, despite how you are or are not handling things, don't get too down about it. Remain in the fruit of the spirit and don't let negative thoughts derail you. Doubt is not an attribute of God.)

~

I pray for all of my brothers and sister in Christ and I thank each of you for your prayers. God Bless!

No comments: