Thursday, May 17, 2007

a prayer for a husband

I have been praying for a husband for a long long time. I then decided that I should pray to make me a good wife. I read Proverbs 31:10-31 about the wife of noble character. I held virtue as an esteemed attribute. Gill referred me to Song of Solomon and I have made that one of my studies for a good marriage. I prayed that God would prepare me to be a good wife to my godly man. I asked that God prepare him for me.


Some time ago, as I was praying, I had an image of a wood. It was twilight and the wood was old, foggy and damp but I was not afraid. I was wondering the wood in search for my husband and he for me. ( I had been praying for so long but felt guilty giving a time line to God.) He was there and very close. I could hear his footsteps and his breath. I prayed that our paths would soon cross and we would meet at last. I prayed that each step would bring his image into view. I really felt as though he were next to me. We were so close, we could almost reach out and touch .
I am still wondering in the woods. I am still waiting to cross paths with my godly husband.


I am just grateful to God for the image. The old expression "right around the corner" was beginning to feel like a scene from the "Shining". I am glad for the new image and the hope it brings. Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that, dear friend.

Amen to that.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jodi:

If your prayer has not been answered, you should pray for divine wisdom and understanding. We won't see our prayers manifested until we have build up the mental equivalent or right of conciousness for what we are asking. Please look into the writings of Dr. Joseph Murphy; in his book the power of your subconscious mind he provides a beautiful prayer for attracting a husband while helping you acquire the mental equivalent. Never give up, you are on the right path and your prayer has already been answered, it just needs to manifest. Have faith and your holy man will come to you easily and efforlessly once you do the work. God loves you very much!