Thursday, November 6, 2008

the space in between (chapter 2)

So if you have no one else, you should have your family. ... but sometimes those who have your back, may not even be related to you.

I had just been beaten up, and packed as much as I could into my truck, called a former roommate that had lived in the house with us, who had moved north of Austin, had driven back to San Antonio to help me load as much as he could into his car and follow me 2.5 hours north to my grandparents. I had called mom and my grandparents to let them know what was going on and ask my grandparents if I could stay at their house while they were out of town. Granny said "yes" and Poppa was concerned about having the electricity and water turned back on for me (since they had been out of the house for the summer, the utilities had been turned off ). This is when things started going haywire. From what I remember, Mom had talked to Trisa (her sister, my aunt) and she, Trisa, was suggesting I call Travis (thier brother, my uncle), of which I couldn't get a hold of. I couldn't get a hold of Trisa either so I am basicly on the phone with Mom the whole 2 hours bawling my eyes out at what I was going to do now since I couldn't get a hold of Travis and Trisa wouldn't come to Lampasas and oh boo whoo ... I was DISTRAUT!
Between talking to Mom and Granny & Poppa, it felt like I was getting further from San Antonio but not closer to a home or place to stay.
(I have only cried harder than that on one occassion and that was from a betrayed heart.)
As we pulled up to my grandparents and started to unload boxes into their workshed, Travis happened to drive by. He began asking questions as to why I was there and seemed very suspicious about the whole thing. From what Poppa had said earlier, Travis was supposed to give me the key and turn the utilities back on; but Travis said he hadn't talked to anybody. Due to his lack of interest in seemingly wanting to help out or being concerned at all, I just said I would stay in a hotel. --Needless to say, I stayed in a hotel that night and out of everyone's way.
(Please note that I am relaying my present state of mind in it's delicate condition at that time and am not intending to slander anyone).

So I spent the week staying in a hotel and looking on line for a job. The following weekend would change my life forever....

....stay tuned!

No comments: