Tuesday, November 25, 2008

dogs, Dogs, DOGS

I never was much for dogs. I don't like the way their nose is always wet and they lick you ALL The Time! I can't stand when they jump up on you and they bark incessantly. And typically they are much too needy. Nope, I am definitely a cat person.

I have known a few good dogs though.
There was Rouge, a roommates pet, that was a good dog. She would guard my bedroom door. She never begged, crowded you at the table, or snuck food while you weren't looking. She didn't bother the cats and I never even heard her bark. She was a good dog and I would love on her when I wanted. She even knew she wasn't allowed in my room but on occasion I would let her in so I could pet her but then she would go right back out again to guard my door. She never jumped up and I don't recall her ever being on the furniture. Yup, a very good dog.
(There were one or two others but I can't think of their name and they are no where near as good as Rouge anyway.)

Well, Marlin is a dog person. He has two. A boy, Beau, a good dog and Nakita, the female, a bad dog. Beau wants lovin' and at times it is a bit too much but he is a big lug of a dog so I don't mind it. He does bark and it drives me crazy or he starts whining in the middle of the night and I have to let him out. But all in all, he isn't so bad. He listens when I say get down. He comes when I call. Yup, he is alright.
Then there is Nakita. The Female. And I am quickly hating her. She doesn't listen to me. If she does, it is at her own slow pace. She has to sleep in the bed, and should I have to get up, she moves to my side. She used to not move at all till I forcibly moved her and then she acted like I ripped her leg off and then Marlin is worried I hurt her... yup, she is manipulative. She has started peeing and pooping in the house. It smells. Bad. He has tried to spank her (for a few days) and it didn't seem to work, so he gave up on that idea. I offered several different suggestions but he had reasons we couldn't do any of them. She apparently has a heat condition so she can't be outside when it is too hot. Then, once it cooled down, he was afraid she would escape the back yard and run away. We couldn't keep her in the bathroom on the tile, because she would claw the door and the garage was out of the question because the camper is in there and it is much too crowded for his baby girl. When we were spanking her, I used the flyswatter, which if you ask me did nothing to her but according to him, it gives her trauma and I can't use it anymore. So that was out. I offered the water/vinegar spray my sister suggested but never gotten any comment back on that (and I have mentioned it 3 times!). And don't even get me started on the way he talks to her; like a lover. I makes me sick!!!!!!!!!

I love him and he is wonderful but I hate that dog!

Now, I am a cat person and I LOVE cats. He knows this but apparently he is deathly allergic. His issues, he said, would be -
--the litter box. I would have to keep it clean. I agreed (even though I think cats should go outside). But he fears I won't (because a past girlfriend didn't). But never mind that I clean up the poo or that I step in the pee his dog leaves on the carpet.
--the smell. He can't stand the smell of cat pee or if it sprayed. (Yet his dog goes every day and he doesn't seem to notice).
--the dander.... Hello, you should see the dog hair! It is everywhere. I can't sit on my own bed without being covered in it. It is all over our blankets (and I do wash them often) so it is constantly blowing in my face... it drives me crazy. It is all over the couches. There is no place you can sit in this house without being covered. I can't vacuum everyday. I work. And even when we are cooking, it ends up in the food - now that is GROSS!

DOGS!!! I can not stand that dog! I tried. I tried loving on her. I tried scolding her. I don't even touch her now. I have nothing to do with her. She won't stop peeing and pooping on the floor and she needs to be outside.

1 comment:

Dawn Sodini said...

Oh boy! We have had similar escapades at our house. Chris is somewhere between a dog person and a cat person- I think he would rather we had nothing except maybe a bird. I am absolutely a dog person through and through. We tried the cat thing once- twice if you count we had 2 at one time. We have had good dogs and bad dogs. Right now we have a really good dog and it can still get on Chris' nerves but not as often as some of the others. If we could just have our Jazzy girl back all would be well in our corner of the dog world.