Wednesday, November 5, 2008

the space in between (chapter 1)

I know it has been a LONG LONG time since my last blog.... and SO VERY MUCH has happened. (hopefully in my long absence, I did not lose my one loyal reader hahahaha)



The update:

Well, Let's see. I was in San Antonio and Heather was visiting. It was a very nice visit. The wine probe was fun and I must admit that I had to pace myself and start alternating water after a glass or two. We also went to a dude ranch and had a blast and Heather even stood on a horse!!! ( I promise I will post the pictures soon). We went to the lake and went camping with some other friends of hers and it was nice to get a little sun on my translucent legs. Soon it was time to head back to Korea.

Some weeks later, Kevin and my living situation came to an unfortunate end. What started as a disagreement about living space soon turned into a physical altercation. We had been discussing his leaving trash on the kitchen for days and how it is our common area and we rent to live in this space etc.... suddenly he is up out of his chair, charging towards me, hand up and screaming within inches from my face. I had already started arching backwards to keep a distance but my instincts soon took over and I felt I needed to defend myself. I slapped him and told him to step back. This of course sparked the flame and he lunged towards me and from what I remember, we were grappling and wrestling around the kitchen. He was trying to punch me screaming "Not in his house" and I was trying to slam him into the cabinets to get him off me. It ended by him having me pinned down in the living room with my face pressed up against the stairs and him punching me in the back of the head. Needless to say, I called the police and left that night.

The ordeal was very traumatic for me but what possibly hurt worse was that I felt like the people that are most supposed to be there for you (family) weren't.

.........................to be continued...

1 comment:

Dawn Sodini said...

Hey I'm glad to see you back!