Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Prince

My God has sent me a Prince and I want to Praise Him!

My Father in Heaven has heard my prayers. He has comforted me when I cried out for a husband. He took notes, read my heart and sought out to bring me a good man and a fine husband. He has given me Marlin.

A few nights ago, we had planned on going to the Olive Garden for a date night out (per my request). I had offered later that we postpone to stay home and continue working on picking colors so we could have a better plan when we went shopping the following day. Marlin was so grateful that I had suggested it because he too was concerned about getting all this done. We spent the weekend shopping for tools, paint stripper, tools, curtains, tools, stain, tools, etc....(hahaha) and then we came home and he played with his tools to hang my curtains, and played with tools again to hang his fountain at the entry way and he even got to show and tell to a few friends that stopped by.

So Monday came and he had called me at work to ask about ripping the carpet up earlier than planned so we can save $500 by dumping it now with his parents (they are also replacing their flooring) instead of later. (There is that feeling of overwhelmed again) I tell him that I didn't want concrete floors for the winter and was this going to move the floor project up? I wanted to save the money too but I just don't see how we are going to get it all done now! So he calls back later to tell me he loved me and not to be frustrated with him during this time.

I spend the rest of the day in knots trying to decide if I should say "Go ahead, honey, I trust you know what you are doing and going to make good decisions with our budget and our plans..." OR put my foot down and say "No! Not another dime will be spent on anything until we get the kitchen and living rooms painted at least."

I get home to have the talk. I walk in the house to see him busy in the back yard. He runs in the house, grabs me and places his hand over my eyes and drags me to the bedroom to wait till he is comes and gets me, then dashes out again.

When he returns he leads me out to the back yard where he has started an intimate fire in the chimnette, placed a candle and two glasses of wine on a small bistro table in front of the fire. He gave me a sweet kiss and dashed in the house again.

Course One: Appetizers
Fried cheese with marina and garlic bread with butter

Course Two: Soup
Italian Chicken and Dumpling with Spinach

[it began to rain so we brought our "picnic" inside - not raining on this parade!]

Course Three: Main Course
Chicken Parmesan

He had gone to Olive Garden to give me a romantic evening since I had given him the time he wanted to work on the painting project. I much preferred this intimate dinner to a crowded loud restaurant anyway. It is nice to be taken out on a date sometimes but last night was perfect.

The evening concluded with him laying across the couch, head in my lap and falling asleep peacefully and I finishing the James Bond movie he picked out.

So here is a picture of my Fine Prince:
He is a fine looking Prince indeed.

3. Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my lover among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste. 4. He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love.
5. Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love. 6. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me.

Song of Solomon 2:3-6

16. My lover is mine and I am his
Song of Solomon


My Father has blessed me and I Praise HIM!
Amen!

1 comment:

Dawn Sodini said...

Well, I praise him too. For your happiness first of all. And second of all for a picture after having known of him for months now. Love you, sis. Sorry I always seem to be busy when we happen to be online at the same time.