Monday, February 26, 2007

Shim-Sham


I truly love and appreciate great music. I have had many different influences in my life.

My mom who loves good ol' rock and roll (the Beatles, Herman's Hermits, Huey Lewis, Elvis, Carlos Santana ... to name a few).

My Texas roots that lend me to country (Charlie Daniels Band, George Strait, Reba, Johnny Cash, Eddie Rabbitt ... ditto)

My past relationships that exposed me to foreign imports, techno, hard rock (now classics, haha), and on and on.


J, the Shim-Sham man and Band of Sams, played a great guitar and I think I love music more because of him. I thank you Shim-Sham man and your Band of Sams! Where ever you fellas are in this small world, I hope you are all successful, happy, and playing your hearts out. I look forward to the reunion tour. I hope to have backstage access!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one HOTT camo gal!! You look soooo pretty!! You need a myspace page!!

gilSilvers said...

Ya, Jodi's da bomb! Heya Jodi: I have a song for ya! Hillbillies from Outerspace by Stevie Ray Vaughn and his brother Jimmy Vaughn. Have ya heard it? It's on their Family Style CD. You can also listen to it on YouTube (the slideshow isn't relevant):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSftm-hKwBQ

Lemme know what you think, hey?