Monday, February 26, 2007

New favorite


I just saw the movie "Facing the Giants"

WOW!!!! I don't think I cried this much in Steel Magnolias and I cried all the time in that one (though for completely different reasons)!
I have got to go out and buy this movie and watch it every day.

First (and in no paticular order), it is about football, and I love football!

Second, it is about our Almighty Father, and Lord knows I love Him!!!

Talk about a great underdog story and giving God the Glory... this was 2 thumbs up and 2 big toes too!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

man, me too! It just cuts to the core of so many things. It's about much more than football, girl! But I hear ya! and I'm a diggin' yer groove! {{dance! Dance!}}

LOL

gilSilvers said...

I found the whole death crawl scene to be the most compelling in the entire movie (of course, being a man, I'd gravitate toward the grueling, physical action sequences).

But it held deep spiritual significance as well - the depth of your spiritual relationship with Jesus is no greater than your slightest doubt.

I loved the movie, and it made me want to go to Albany, Georgia -- almost as a pilgrimage.