Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some days are worse than others

I have been looking at MySpace to make friends and meet new people in the same boat as me (ie. single, 30s, no kids, christian...and there aren't many apparently...but I digress). I do hope to some day cross the path of my Godly man (see: APB) but in the mean time, I need some friends to hang out with.

So I am chatting with a perspective "new guy/friend" and I tell a friend about it. He starts saying, "What's wrong with him to be that age and still single?" I reminded him that I am only a few years from that age and what was his point.... He goes into how to be a certain age and never married, that something must be wrong....
.... he must have been tapped into the evil voice in my head that I am always trying to shut out...

See, I used to think that way (when I was in my early 20s) that if a guy wasn't married, something was wrong with him. He was a total jerk that no one wanted or so disgusting that he couldn't find anyone. I feared I would get stuck in this pool of losers.

Well now I am in my 30s (and all the wiser) and I feel this is not the case. My perspective has changed. I chose to believe that there are those of us out there that (for one reason or another) haven't found the right one and wouldn't settle for less than what we deserved.

So then my friend says I am too picky (he read APB)... I acknowledge that while it may be a long list, most of them are attributes of character and not a physical description of the "perfect man".

So call it what you want, say what you will... I am a woman of class and merit and I will not settle for less.

Cheers to all those who are waiting for a worthy mate. Good luck on your search!!!

No comments: