Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Fears

Before I had my precious perfect daughter, I certainly had plenty of reasons never to have children.


I had helped raise my two siblings (8 & 10 yrs younger than me) and I didn't want to have to be responsible for anyone else like that again.


I felt the world was grossly over populated and I wasn't going to contribute to this epidemic. ...


...The List goes on call it selfish or justified, I DID NOT WANT KIDS.


(flash forward)


I met the greatest guy and he convinced me that he would be a wonderful husband and a loyal, loving and doting father! So now I am experiencing the three most wonderful loves in the world ...(and in order) The love of our Lord and Savior, The Love of a Spouse, The Love of a Mother to her Child. Though I must say, my cup runneth over! I can not speak to the overwhelming love for ones child. It is consuming and nurturing and warming and magnificent.


But I digress.


The Fears:

Was I making the right decesion?

Was I really doing this for me or for him?

Would I later resent her for taking up my husbands time?

Would I later regret having her?

Did he understand the full gravity of having a child and all the responsiblities??


Now:

Is she okay?

Will I be a good mom?

Am I a good mom?

Will I get tired of her?


Oh my goodness! This list goes on too! But then I look at her....



and I know I will never stop trying to be better for her.
How can you not Love this Face!!!
That's my little girl!

No comments: