Friday, August 14, 2009

being Hurt and Healing

Several times during the life of my blog, I have mentioned (more like vented) about being hurt by my brother; and a few times by others. James has done his fair share of damage to our sibling bond, and he continues to disappoint. But if you insist on seeing a positive.... well, he is consistent.

It is funny how you can have blood relations you have nothing in common with and have friends who are a better family than your own.

Brooke, my bff, is more like a sister to me than my own. We are more alike, the same age (to the date, though she is older - haha) and even lived together for a year. She is my sister and I love her.
With that said, we have had our sisterly fights. And we still come through it just as sisters do.
Now I am with Marlin who is just the same with Brooke's husband, Jerald. They are brothers thru and thru. So now when one of us hurt, we both feel it.
Several times we have asked our "siblings" over to dinner or to hang out and for one reason or another, they rarely show. A few times they said yes but failed to make it. This has left Marlin and I feeling very hurt. I had been harboring these feelings for a few weeks trying to let them go or figure out a good way to 'lightly' mention it, without causing a bigger problem.
Brooke is a wonderful sister! I said what I needed and she explained how sorry she was. She and Jerald both know how it seems and though they don't intend to stand us up, it always ends up that way. They are both very sorry and really do want to spend more time together.
I am so thankful I have a sister that I can talk to and is understanding and loves me enough to listen and not get offended or defensive.
I love my sister!

No comments: