Saturday, April 21, 2007

Trisa

My aunt Trisa has always been such a sweet person, always sending birthday cards and greeting cards for every holiday or occasion. She is usually always cheerful and laughing. I have been praying for her joy.

Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.


As I prayed for Trisa, an image of a beautiful tree came to me.


This tree was in a garden protected by a gate and wall that read:

"Come in by the Gold Gate or not at all

Take of my Fruit for others or forbear

For those who steal or those who climb my wall

Shall find their hearts desires and find despair"

(This is from the Magician's Nephew written by C.S. Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia) The garden was full of trees whose "leaves showed not only green but blue and silver" and with air so "sweet that it almost brought the tears to your eyes." In the center of this beautiful and precious garden is a tree full with great silver apples and cast light of their own down on the shadowy places. {Now if you know this book, or soon read it, there was someone there in the garden who did not cherish and respect the garden as they should have.}

In my image, a gluttonous man (who represents all those who would steal your joy) was carelessly and sloppily eating of her fruit, casting it off in discard and plucking more fruit as if it had no value.

Trisa, my prayer was for your tree garden to be protected. For you and the fruit you bear in the Spirit to be respected and cherished. That He would let no one climb your fence to rob you of your joy. That He would be your Guardian, and not allow you to be taken for granted. That you could have joy and find peace to forgive those who hurt you. Surrender them to the Lord and let Him work on their hearts.

....One of my favorite passages is Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

If I surrender myself to God, then He has my heart and protects me. If I desire Him above all else in my life, He will provide for me.

No comments: