Friday, December 31, 2010

How I hate that dog!

Is it normal to hate a dog so much?!?

Where do I start? Do I start with this mornings playful joking that got twisted into a lecture about how I verbally abuse his dog or do I start with the spat that turned into a full blown argument over lettuce, lunch and ignoring a question? Or how about the fact that the goal was to work on the house but it was spent on the couch (granted sick most the week) watching Bear Grylls and Stargate SG1.

Now don't get me wrong - I know my faults and I am the worst procrastinator. All I am saying is don't get mad about someone else doing the same thing you do. Like when I ask for help and get no response because you are reading an important letter but then get mad at me because I didn't respond to your question about lettuce because I was digging the grocery list out of my pocket. This turned into the fight about lunch (since I hadn't eaten all day) and he saying we weren't going to eat till 3pm. (Basically, we were both having our own conversation and not filling in the lines between the two to make them one. - I was saying, "yes, I want a salad for lunch." and he is saying "Do you want a salad with the burgers I am cooking at 3?" Needless to say, we didn't get salad, and left the store hungry and grumpy. )

So this morning everything is fine and joking about the dog till it became a lecture about how I verbally abuse his dog. That right there makes me hate her even more. Then I come home and she is getting into the bread, as if we don't give her enough treats and spoil her all the time. She has stepped on our baby, Marli. She has sat on his 8 yr old nieces head. She sulks, whimpers and whines. She drives me crazy. And mostly because he dotes and pampers her so damn much. What is with that?

I feel very stressed and frustrated today. I know it isn't all because of the dog, but she is the straw that broke the camels back so she gets the brunt of my frustration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...this sounds exactly like my life. HA!!