Thursday, June 28, 2007

...a second out of my day

So I am training for my new job. I am at the computer reading pages and pages of text learning all the important details of this new and exciting career. (Meanwhile trying to stay awake)
But what am I more interested in??? Is it the window to my right that looks out on a beautiful sunny summer day? ..............................
....NO! It is the window to my left that overlooks the lobby with all the customers coming in.
But why you may ask. True that I am a "People Watcher" but not right now. I am scoping the crowd for a handsome stranger. A gentleman caller. A date....
...or if nothing else to make some new friends in this new place.
Alex, Alex, where ever you may be, take this loneliness far away from me.

Hope you are all having a good day.

1 comment:

gilSilvers said...

Without a hoot,
Yet demure as on owl,
As she counts out loot,
She is on the prowl.

While she goes through the motions,
Of being a teller,
Forget other notions:
She'll deposit a feller!

Not a 20 or 10,
No small denomination,
Only the choicest among men,
For matrimonialization.

Handsome and tall,
Godly and just,
A leader of all,
Yet kind and robust.

Jodi does seek,
And Jodi shall find,
A man as meek,
As Jesus was kind.