Sunday, August 31, 2014

Ode to Coffee

It just got better!  Recently I have been adding a dash of cinnamon to my coffee grounds before I brew it in the morning.  Oh my word!  To borrow a line from the great Robert Frost, "And that has made all the difference."

So I had to re-post my "Ode to Coffee" because I felt it was very fitting.  So without further ado....

It's Coffee! Oh heavenly coffee! My adoration abounds!

The rich aroma, the steam, the gurgling brew
My morning's greeting isn't complete without a cup or two

The taste, the texture, the color, the cream
I snuggle my mug and slowly wake from my dream

A sip or two to savor my precious elixir
I have another for this is sweet nectar

No matter the morning, come rain or come shine
My coffee starts each day just fine


....with a friend at a local cafe or around the world at a small bistro ....at home on the sofa all alone wrapped in a blanket...it comforts the soul, soothes the pallet, and awakens the senses.

Hurray coffee!!!

2 comments:

gilSilvers said...

Luv the poetry daahling. I think you handled the "unrhyme-ability" of "bistro" quite well, finishing up with prose. It's so Lord Byron of you!

Anonymous said...

Jodi - what an awesome blog! You are talented - have you considered being an english major in your upcoming adventures?