Monday, January 7, 2008

and Exhale

After a long weekend, I need a rest.

But today, like typical Mondays go, my head was spinning in 10 different directions and I am just trying to keep up!


It all started Friday night when I decided to hang out with the guys! I wanted to be cool and prove my worth and show I can hang with the best. After all, I had spent 8 years in the military and I was no wimp! So I meet up with them at Hammerheads and the drinking commences! I hadn't eaten since lunch and I knew I really should get some food in me....but did I?? NO! Why would I do that? Because I am foolish! None of the guys were eating and I had to play cool. (Idiot!) So the Smirnoff keep coming and then someone really wants to do a shot. And I am cool and can hang with the best so I say okay!!! (Imbecile) ....let's just skip ahead, shall we?!
Needless to say, I throw my brains out on the beach, ride home with my head out of the car window like a seasick dog, lose my left lung on the front lawn, flushed my right lung sometime later, and then systematically began to chunk parts of my stomach lining out after that. No amount of water, dry toast, oatmeal or apple juice would stop the spasms. I wanted death... but it did not come. Why? Well folks, that is easy. One must live through these things so they can relive the embarrassment when the see their fellow bar goers (or coworkers). Alas, this too shall pass.

Saturday I spent the morning running laps between bed and toilet till I finally had enough strength to breath without gagging. I went to get my truck and stopped in for a little work. Visited a friend and regaled in the previous nights antics!

Sunday, I did a little laundry, went on the boat to enjoy the beautiful weather, and by the time we were heading back to shore, a brush fire started on one of the islands out on the Gulf and I found myself crouching down on the boat floor just to breath and keep my eyes from burning. Aww, what a day... but wait, there is more. The evening ended by cooking Onion Tart for Monday's Potluck.

Monday is now winding to a close and I feel the anticipation of sinking down into my soft bed and sleeping like hibernating bear cubs.

Good night and best of luck on tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ben said...

You know you're drunk if you have to hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth...heheh

Anonymous said...

We miss you come back for a visit. Love, Dawn